Stacey E. Trien
- The George Washington University Law School
- JD 2002
- University of Rochester
- BA 1998 cum laude
Stacey Trien is a tenacious litigator with a focus on commercial litigation, contract disputes, insurance coverage, and employment law matters. She advocates for clients involved in lawsuits arising out of contractual issues, construction contracts, partnership and shareholder agreements, warranty disputes, property ownership disputes, zoning disputes, commercial leases, employment matters, employment discrimination claims, and the determination of insurance issues.
Stacey regularly represents clients in state and federal trial courts, arbitration, and state and federal appellate courts.
Prior to joining Leclair Korona Cole in 2015, Stacey practiced commercial litigation in Miami, Florida, for over a decade, where she represented hotel owners, fast food franchisees, car dealerships, condominium associations, real estate developers, and several New York hedge funds, including funds involved in litigation related to the Ponzi schemes orchestrated by Scott Rothstein and Bernard Madoff.
Insurance Coverage (Commercial General Liability, Errors and Omissions, ERISA, Premises Liability, Property Coverage)
Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
Warranty Issues (State Warranty Law and Magnusson Moss Warranty Act)
Real Property Disputes
Commercial Lease Disputes
Employment Discrimination Claims
Wage and Overtime Disputes
Employment Policies and Procedures
State and Federal Trial Practice
AWARDS AND HONORS
Stacey has been recognized for her professional accomplishments including:
• President ’s Award from the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys (2018)
• The Daily Record Excellence in Law recipient (2017)
• Named Hon. Judith S. Kaye Commercial & Federal Litigation Scholar by the New York State Bar Association (2016)
• Featured by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle as a Woman to Watch (2016), the only attorney to ever be selected for that distinction.
BOARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Stacey is an active member of several legal and community organizations, including:
• Monroe County Bar Association Foundation (Board Member)
• Levy Family Foundation, a charitable foundation focusing on children and educational initiatives (Board Member)
• The 7th Judicial District Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association (Co-District Representative)
• Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys (Former Board Member)
• Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester (Board Member and Co-Chair of the Women’s Business and Professional Committee)
Stacey is a regular contributor of articles for The Daily Record, including most recently:
RECENT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
• New York State Bar Association CLE Program: “Insurance Coverage: A Glimpse Forward and a Glimpse Back,” Spring 2018, Buffalo, New York.
• New York State Bar Association CLE Program: “Updates and Hot Trending Topics Affecting Insurance Coverage,” Spring 2017, Buffalo, New York
• “13 Extraordinary Women Share Their Secrets of Success,” Temple B’rith Kodesh, Rochester, New York.
Stacey and her husband Joseph Abramsky live in Pittsford, New York and met while working as summer camp counselors at Camp Seneca Lake in Yates County. They enjoy hiking, attending music concerts and exploring the great outdoors with their dog Willow.