Stacey E. Trien
- The George Washington University Law School
- JD 2002
- University of Rochester
- BA 1998 cum laude
Stacey Trien is experienced in representing clients in a wide-array of litigation matters, including lawsuits involving contractual issues, partnership and shareholder disputes, commercial leases, breaches of fiduciary duties, employment law matters, insurance litigation, and personal injury litigation. She has successfully represented clients in state and federal litigation, arbitrations, mediation, and state and federal appeals.
Stacey began her career as a Trial Attorney in Miami, Florida, where she represented hotel owners, fast food franchisees, car dealerships, real estate developers, and several New York hedge funds, including funds involved in litigation related to the Ponzi schemes orchestrated by Scott Rothstein and Bernard Madoff.
In addition to being a tenacious litigator, Stacey is adept at resolving disputes outside of the courtroom. She enables clients to avoid unnecessary litigation by negotiating resolutions before a lawsuit is filed, as well as by helping clients to draft and revise contracts and employment policies and procedures.
Stacey’s legal achievements were recognized last year when she was selected as a 2016 Hon. Judith S. Kaye Commercial & Federal Litigation Scholar by the New York State Bar Association. Stacey was also featured by the Democrat & Chronicle in 2016 as a Woman to Watch and is the only attorney to ever be included.
Stacey is a Member of the Board of Directors of the Levy Family Foundation, a charitable foundation focusing on children and educational initiatives. She is the Co-Program Director and Member of the Board of Directors of the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys. She also serves as Co-Chair of the Women’s Business and Professional Committee of the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester.
She is a regular contributor of articles for The Daily Record, including most recently:
- What employers, employees should know about the city’s anti-discrimination law
- When employees can use “the Box”
- Civil procedure from a New Yorker’s perspective
Stacey’s speaking engagements in 2017 include:
- New York State Bar Association CLE Presents: Updates and Hot Trending Topics Affecting Insurance Coverage: Top 10 General Liability Coverage Decisions. Adam’s Mark Hotel, Buffalo, New York.
- 13 Extraordinary Women Share Their Secrets of Success. Temple B’Rith Kodesh, Rochester, New York.