Kamran F. Hashmi
- Florida State University College of Law
- JD 2008
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- BA 2004 cum laude
Kamran Hashmi recently joined the firm, bringing significant civil litigation experience that will enhance Leclair Korona’s litigation practice. He has represented clients in various matters, including business disputes, breach of contract claims, real property litigation, personal injury cases, and election law litigation.
After earning a BA, cum laude, from the State University of New York at Buffalo, Kamran graduated from Florida State University College of Law. He is admitted to practice in New York State, US District Court for the Western District of New York, and, US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Representative civil litigation matters include:
- Negotiated favorable settlement for industrial manufacturing company on breach of contract claim by commissioned sales representative involving nearly $100,000 in claimed damages, after successfully defending against motion for summary judgment.
- Sole trial and appellate counsel for NYS Senate candidate in fast-tracked election law litigation that reached the Court of Appeals. See Glickman v. Laffin, 52 Misc 3d 910 [Sup Ct, Albany County 2016]; Glickman v. Laffin, 142 AD3d 730 [3rd Dept 2016]; and Glickman v. Laffin, 27 NY3d 810 .
- Negotiated $150,000 settlement in favor of commercial landlord on a breach of contract claim for property damage and accelerated rent against former lessee of restaurant space.
- Negotiated $50,000 settlement in favor of estate on conversion and negligent hiring claims against home health agency for theft of personal property.
- Vacated judgment of foreclosure and recovered attorney’s fees for homeowner by order to show cause in Brown v. Nationstar Mortg., LLC, 2014 NY Slip Op 32500(U) (Sup Ct, Wayne County 2014) and Brown v. Nationstar Mortg., LLC, 2015 NY Slip Op 31090(U) (Sup Ct, Wayne County 2015).
- Negotiated monetary settlement and specific performance in favor of property owner on nuisance and trespass claims against neighbor arising out of rotting and overgrown tree, after motion for preliminary injunction by order to show cause.
- Regularly represent landlords and businesses in matters pending before the NYS Division of Human Rights.
Kamran is a member of the Monroe County Bar Association and its Litigation Section. He is also on the board of directors of Rochester Global Connections. Since moving to Rochester several years ago, he has provided settlement assistance to refugee families.
As residents of the city of Rochester, Kamran and his wife enjoy exploring the area and meeting new people. He is fluent in Urdu, Hindi, and Punjabi.