Insurance Coverage & Defense
Our attorneys are experienced in handling insurance coverage disputes, subrogation matters, as well as defense of litigated actions. All of the attorneys aggressively pursue the best results for our clients. We are all admitted in all New York State and federal courts and serve insurers in all jurisdictions.
The team at Leclair Korona Vahey Cole LLP regularly reviews and interprets insurance policies in the context of complex statutory and regulatory frameworks, as well as constantly evolving court decisions. Through our experience, we are able to counsel clients on coverage obligations, disclaimers of coverage, reservations of rights letters, as well as, litigation and settlement strategies for our clients’ needs. We regularly represent insurers in declaratory judgment and bad faith actions involving insurance coverage disputes.
The firm also handles subrogation matters on behalf of various insurers. We are experienced in the assertion of insurers’ rights and the use of dispute resolution strategies necessary to maximize recoveries in a cost-efficient manner and our contributions and work in the area of insurance have been recognized on local, state and national levels.
- Regularly lecture in the areas of insurance practice;
- Have held key leadership positions in insurance and defense focused organizations;
- Have been designated a Best Lawyer, New York Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in multiple years;
- Are recognized in Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers and are AV Preeminent rated in Martindale Hubbell; and,
- Have been listed in multiple years as a “Top 25” Woman Attorney in Upstate New York.